Packet size: 3 ¼" x 4 ½"
Oh lovely sweet melon! Hale's best cantaloupe is one of the best known melons and very productive.
Cantaloupe seeds can be started inside 4 weeks before last frost or outside after soil has warmed. When transplanting outside do not disturb roots. Plant in soil mounds or hills and thin to 2 best plants per hill. Using a good quality garden fertilizer of your choice following manufacturer's directions will increase your yields. Water during hot, dry periods.
- Lifecycle: annual (vegetable)
- Time to Maturity: about 2 1/2 months
- Sun Requirement: sun
- Spacing: 24" apart
- Depth: 1/2 inch
- 35-40 Cantaloupe Seeds Per Packet
- Seeds/Oz: 850
- Ideal Germination Temperature: 75-85F
- Sowing Method: Transplant
- Heirloom Year: 1923 Heirloom
- Cucumis melo var. cantalupensis
*Online resale prohibited