Bring a bounty of color and delight to less than sunny areas! Perfect for brightening hedges and areas near large shade trees!
Have you been wondering what flowers grow in the shade? Everything in our wildflower shade mix! These seeds are easy to establish, growing flowers that feel at home under large trees and other occasionally covered areas. Our bulk wildflower seeds for shade include a quality blend of wildflowers including coreopsis and Dame’s rocket.
Prepare a bed of loose soil. Sprinkle seeds in prepared area and cover loosely with soil. Keep the area moist until the plants are about 6" tall. A couple of hours of direct sun per day would be ideal to bring out the best in this mix! Not suitable for densely shaded areas.
- Lifecycle: annual/perennial mix
- Sun Requirement: shade/part shade
- Packet Weight: 500mg
- Bloom Season: summer to fall
- Height: varies
- Uses: shade
- Low Maintenance : yes
- Lbs. Per Acre (First Seeding): 14 Pounds
- Lbs. Per Acre (Reseeding): 7 Pounds
- Oz Per 1000 Sq Ft: 5 Ounces
- Region: Midwest, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest, Texas/Oklahoma, Canada, Western
Shade Wildflower Mix Breakdown
Annual Baby's Breath, Crimson Clover, Cornflower, Chinese Forget-Me-Not, Lance-Leaved Coreopsis, Candytuft, Rocket Larkspur, Sweet William Pinks, Purple Coneflower, Shasta Daisy, Clarkia, Chinese Houses, Baby Blue Eyes, Spurred Snapdragon, Corn Poppy.